Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
05-13-2015, 06:19 PM,
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
Your hair looks fantastic man. I was looking and looking at your pictures thinking 'this can't be a newbie in his first piece, perhaps these are the "before" pictures'. When you mentioned your front tuft I could understand a bit better, but it's still an excellent result. Quite inspirational for other newbies. How big is your unit, and why did you decide to opt for a full topper in future?

As to the de/re routine, I use alcohol for everything - debonding, cleaning the piece and cleaning the worst gunk off my head. If you but it in a spray bottle you can also use it instead of Adjustabind. Most of these other products are just alcohol with scent added, plus a hefty Mark-up.

Bubblewrap is something some people use as a variation on the "mirror slide". Basically you slide the lace side of your piece against some shiny surface and the spent glue rubs off on the shiny surface and leaves your piece clean. The original trick was to use a mirror, but that is rather messy to clean up. I have a marble cheeseboard which I wrap with Gladwrap and I use that. Others use Bubblewrap or glossy magazines.

Conditioning the piece when you take it off is really important. Leave in sunscreen is also a good idea.

For reattaching the hair definitely you need a foam head, a fan (to prevent sweating spoiling the glue) and ideally two mirrors, one of them an anglepoise magnifying shaving mirror and the other a big hand mirror, so you can inspect the back of the piece and see the hairline up close.

I don't use Autoglym, but others seem to swear by it. Neutraliser sounds like something to do with hair dye, which again I don't use.

Got2B should work on SFS. It is just strong hair gel, so you put it on thickly and you do get a good hold and an invisible finish, but beware, it is not very water or sweat resistant. If you unexpectedly work up a heavy sweat you can feel the thing come loose, which is rather nerve-wracking.

From your 'sentimental message' you sound like you have a great attitude for wearing hair. Good luck going forward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond - Baldrich - 05-13-2015, 06:19 PM