Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
05-13-2015, 02:51 PM,
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
Quick update:

- I cleaned up my post by removing the large images. See my full album of first cut-in pics here: http://imgur.com/a/WaA7K

- I managed to detach and rebond my system on my own with moderate levels of drama. It took me over 3 hours to get right :/ but I suppose that is my fault for being unprepared. I ended up using Duo Tac and Duo Tac Thin tape everywhere because it is more forgiving than glue if you have to try more than once to position your HS correctly.

- I forgot to mention that the first 1 cm of my hairline is my own natural hair. This was a strong recommendation from my stylist which, quite honestly, I appreciate greatly. This is because I am no where NEAR having an undetectable front attachment, so I am very fortunate to have a small tuft of hair up front hiding the very obvious lace - even though it is SFS. I just have yet to come close to mastering the art of undetectable attachments.

- I am looking forward to a few things:

1. Getting ORWG and adjustabond. My life would have been much easier today with those two items. (Always prepare, kids!).

2. Designing and ordering a new topper instead of more partials. There are some dead giveaways to my wearing a partial that I will get into in a dedicated post. I hope all will participate. If it werent for this supportive community and my stylist, I would not have taken the plunge for, like, forever.

3. Débuting my look some more and getting used to the idea of hair wearing. Seeing my head shaved finally, I knew for certain that I can NOT pull off the bald look, so there is no point in even looking back. It may not be perfect now, and it may never get to 'perfect' but hair wearing is definitely an improvement to balding. You just, in my opinion, have to ease yourself into it by starting out with very conservative hairlines. I thought I was nervous seeing friends on the first day I got cut in, but then I spend a long weekend with my gf and she never even noticed. So my message to the guys on the fence out there is:

"You may make up a bunch of reasons not to wear a HS, like people outing you for it for not looking real; and guess what? It may not. You may ignore the advice of all the pros on here, as well as your stylist, and end up looking unnatural. But the important thing to remember is that it can always be fixed, and you will be endlessly getting closer and closer to a look that you are comfortable with and further away from the balding look that you just dont feel is 'you' ".

Alright, thats my little sentimental message for you guys. See you later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond - EarlyTwenties - 05-13-2015, 02:51 PM