Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
05-12-2015, 05:41 PM,
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond
Hello all,

I had been sitting on my Toplace order for a while contemplating whether or not I wanted to take the plunge. I kept finding more and more reasons not to: color "mismatch", quality of my natural hair vs the HS hair, etc. But finally my stylist nudged me to just get it cut in and it looks good. As (almost) always, I will be redesiging my template for my next order. i will be switching to a full topper for reasons I will get into in another post. For now, lets focus on the positive.

See pictures attached. (Full album: http://imgur.com/a/WaA7K )

I have been wearing for 4 days now and will be performing my first detatch/rebond exercise and could use your help. The front of the lace was attached using Ghostbond XL. The remaining perimeter was bonded with a tape called Ultrahold - I was not a fan of it and will experiment with some other tape I got from John.

**Here is my current idea for how to de/reattatch:
1. Dab some Lace Release all over and wait for the lace to come off the tape.
2. Use C-22 Solvent (on my scalp only) to get all the glue and tape off
3. ??? How to clean hair system next??? -> my guess is to use lace release and these SANEK Neck Strip pieces of paper my stylist gave me to wipe residue off my lace and head.
4. Shampoo my system (I didnt buy a lace specific product).
5. Shave my head, maybe blowdry the hair system since it'll be wet from washing, and bond with Ghostbond at the front and experiment with tapes John gave me for the perimeter (Supertape Low-Profile, DUO-TAC, or DUO- TAC thin).

Please add any suggestions to the process of taking care of my HS that I might be neglecting.

**Here are other products I have on hand:
1. Isopropyl Alchohol, 91%: I dont know how this is used when I already have Lace Release.
2. Autoglym Tar Remover: I also dont know how safe this is to use although I've seen others do it.
3. got2b glued: my system is a SFS so I dont know how useful this is to me. But Ghostbond was not undetectable to me. I could clearly see the lace and it left a bit of a yellowish crystallization maybe due to sweating. The hairline also lifted, but I will make a seperate post about obtaining an undetectable HL.
4. Bubble wrap: I also never understood how this is used.
5. neutralizer
6. Im hoping to get a foam head soon so I can put tape on my HS easily.
7: Mirror: I still dont understand the "mirror-slide technique"

I am detaching 5 days into my wearing because a) it doesnt feel that secure and b) my stylist told me to try doing it on my own before he leaves town for a fishing trip just in case I need his help.

Thanks all. Looking forward to your input and help with my next design later on.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
First cut in (PICS) - Now please guide me through first detach/rebond - EarlyTwenties - 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM