Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trick of mine (photos)
04-06-2015, 07:24 PM,
A trick of mine (photos)
Whilst waiting for my new order, I was having problems from lace-shrinkage on my current system/s ..... this is more noticeable on Fullcaps, especially on the side-burn areas, in my experience... all lace shrinks a bit over time from repeated washings...a topper has a much smaller amount of lace so it`s not too much of an issue....Fullcaps can be more problematic due to the larger amount of material..... I simply cut two bits off an old system and stitched them onto the sideburn/flaps area ...I used ordinary black sewing thread...you can`t even see it through the hair [and the hair has thinned-out considerably over time since this system was new].....the photos aren`t crystal-clear but I think you`ll be able to see what I did..... I only cut a few grids of lace..just enough to give a bit more coverage in front of the ears ...the trick when cutting lace is to use a very sharp blade and using just gentle pressure, you draw the tip of the blade ` across` the lace rather than slicing down through it...this avoids cutting through hairs that you want /need to keep.......all you want to do is separate one bit of lace from another so you only want/ need to slice the lace and not the hair!

The last photo [crown area] shows how the normal thinning /shedding over time, has added to the reality as this allows for more scalp show-through ....this system is now literally at the end of it`s ` life` but it still looks pretty good ...it`s almost a year old !!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
A trick of mine (photos) - Paul In Ireland - 04-06-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: A trick of mine (photos) - ToplaceUSA - 04-08-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: A trick of mine (photos) - DomMan - 04-27-2015, 02:04 AM
RE: A trick of mine (photos) - ToplaceUSA - 07-13-2015, 10:54 PM