Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black hair turning brown
01-01-2015, 01:53 AM,
Black hair turning brown
I'm wearing a stock TL lace with Jet black hair. When I first received it the black hair towards the knots were slightly brown but I didn't mind because I knew that it probably was a necessary part of their process. However, now I can see that all of the black hair is starting to go brown, which makes sense since I noticed some black dye in the shampoo foam lather when I take showers.

I plan to order a custom piece in about a month and I'm wondering if any TL custom piece wearers with jet black hair are experiencing this problem? Also, I asked TL if all of the hairs on their jet black stock pieces were bleached and they said yes, but the piece I received had bleached knots on the front and after trimming to size I ended up with about 1/2" of bleached knot lace front (on the plus side it is the first jet black hair system I've had that I didn't have to bleach the knots myself). Do the custom jet black swiss lace pieces come will bleached knots all over (i.e. front, back, part, crown and sides) or is it just the front?

Right now I'm thinking of dying the hair black with JFM black beard dye (stronger than the regular hair dye) with the included brush so I can avoid getting it on the knots — do you guys think this will work or will it just cause mass shedding?

Messages In This Thread
Black hair turning brown - baller88 - 01-01-2015, 01:53 AM