Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Rebond/Cleaning
10-19-2014, 07:16 AM,
First Rebond/Cleaning
I'm going to be doing my first rebond and cleaning, but I have some questions maybe you can help. I'm only using ORWG around the perimeter and some in the center. It's been two weeks since the attactment and the piece is still wearable but some serious lifting is starting. My supplies are 91% isopropyl alcohol as lace release, PURE adhesive remover, Protouch Adhesive Remover(Citrus Based), ORWG, Adjust A Bond, Protouch No Sweat(Antiperspirant), I think I have some dawn dish washing liquid too.

If you can offer me some general guidance along with answering these questions it would be even better since I have no idea what I'm doing. Like what's your method and suggestion for this, since I know techniques vary.
1) I bought those eye/ear liquid dropper tubes. Do I pour the lace release on the top side of the piece through the hair?
2) I read about mirror slide but my stylist says it's better to use a old magazine. Is this the first step?
3) The PURE adhesive remover directions say to apply with a cotton ball, but HairDirect's tutorial says to soak the piece in solvent?
4) I don't have a container to let the piece soak in with the solvent yet. But am I supposed to let the hair get soaked with solvent? For how long?
5) HairDirect's tutorial mentions I should use a finger nail brush after soaking in solvent, then place it back in solvent, then clean the base with dish washing liquid and the brush. Wouldn't the dish wash seep through the lace onto hair? Do you use the finger nail brush?
6) Sometimes the glue comes through the lace onto the hair when I press down on it. This is after like a week of hold, how do I clean that adhesive off the other side in the hair? Is this the point of soaking the piece?
7) How should I clean my scalp? PURE on a cotton ball, then shower?
8) The ORWG says "1 thin coat, let dry clear." So how much is a thin coat really? I remember my stylist applied more than 1 coat, I think 2 coats. Does this increase hold time? Should I apply the second coat after the first dries clear? How long should I wait for the final coat?
9) Adjust a bond might help me, so should I apply that right after the final coat?
How long should all this take me?

Messages In This Thread
First Rebond/Cleaning - NoHairNoFair - 10-19-2014, 07:16 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - ToplaceUSA - 10-23-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - NoHairNoFair - 10-27-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - EarlyTwenties - 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - AmericanJambo - 11-08-2014, 05:34 AM