Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!!
09-09-2014, 07:08 AM,
Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!!
Ok, so I've been experimenting with my gel attachment technique since I have poly back and sides. I've actually found an even stronger attachment technique that you guys might want to try. It's a super tight and rock solid for days and the clean up is extremely quick and easy.

I was originally using only the Got2b Ultra Glued and it was decent for me. But one day I decided to give another gel a try and stumbled onto something awesome.

I use 2 different gels together for a ridiculously strong hold. The gels I use are Got2b Ultra Glued and Gorilla Snot Punk. I noticed that the Gorilla snot seemed to bond really well to my skin but not really well to the poly. The Got2b on the other hand bonded great to the poly but not so well to my skin. So here's my technique.

I first apply a layer of Gorilla Snot Punk to my scalp. Then on top of that I apply a layer of Got2b Ultra Hold. I use a cotton ball dampened with warm water to wipe the poly, leaving it just a little wet. You definitely want to make sure you wet the poly first because it creates a much more secure attachment. I get twice the length attachment when I wet the poly than if I don't. Then I attach like normal. You get about 10-20 seconds to slide the poly around to get it lined up perfectly and then bam! It grips like fresh ORWQ! I get around 3-4 days attachment with this. Now my body chemistry just destroys glues. I was getting 1-2 days using only Got2b, so those of you with more compatible chemistry might get a much longer hold time than me.

I've also found that if you grow your own hair out a little bit under where the poly attaches the gels grip even better than they do just on bare skin.

I tried mixing the 2 gels together once and they actually have a chemical reaction that turns them into an almost rubber like substance. Very strong and very "grippy" but hard to apply. So mixing them on your head in layers like I did makes the application much easier. For anyone using poly I really recommend trying this! Both of these products can be found at Walmart and other drug stores so they're both readily available.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!! - AmericanJambo - 09-09-2014, 07:08 AM