Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template Critique and a Few Questions?
09-03-2014, 12:52 AM,
Template Critique and a Few Questions?
Hi folks. I've been poking around the boards for a year or so, gathering information and mulling over when to finally take the plunge. As part of a larger self-improvement plan, I've decided I'm going to drop concealers once and for all and go the 'wearing' route. I'm new to the whole thing, but after years of the concealer game, and annoying, creative styling, I'm confident that I can eventually get some impressive results, even if I'm trading one group of struggles for another (still worth it IMO).

I've drawn up where I *think* the template should go. I've been through many threads on the subject (the most helpful of which have been AmericanJambo's threads with input from Hersute and Paul – many thanks to these folks), and so this is what I'm thinking, [attached]. These photos are my hair just after showering and towel-drying, with no products/concealers.

I should also ask -

I want the hairline/temple to be as far down as is reasonable. I'm 25, so I think I can pull it off. Before the balding process began around four years ago, I wore my hair longer, so I'm not quite sure where the temples were. Am I able to get away with more than what I've drawn? Less?

As you can see, my hair is naturally a bit 'poofy' and dry unless I spend decent effort styling it. I definitely don't want the piece to be that way, but I take it I would need a body-wave, right? Pin-straight would look pretty odd on my head.

Density – My sides start off low-density and gradually become pretty thick as it works up to the top of my head (until it hits my dastardly horse-shoe, of course...), but I'm thinking the piece would be 60%? Even if that's a bit too thick, I understand that these pieces will shed in due time. And if I'm adding any kind of temples, I understand that I should make that area 10% lighter, no?

Finally – The base. As I'm a noob, I've read that the TL250 is a more forgiving base for someone new to the game, because the poly/french are a bit more durable. Am I off the mark here? I do exercise somewhat regularly, but I'm not a terribly sweaty person, so hopefully that's not a concern.

Again, many thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Template Critique and a Few Questions? - ByTheFollicles - 09-03-2014, 12:52 AM