Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos
08-09-2014, 06:36 AM,
RE: Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos
No need to soak it, just roll the lace between your fingers, this way it dislodges the glue in the lace. I takes me no more than 30 seconds to do the whole piece.

The way I do it is simple:
1) put about the amount you would use with toothpaste on my finger and spread it across the back
2) just a dab now goes on the side temple area (keep in mind I keep 1/4" of my own hair on the sides and back)
3) do the same for the other side.
4) fold the cap so the hair in the back doesnt get in the glue then let it drop over the glue in the back.
5) position the front to where I want it (this positions the back too)
6) pull the sides to meet my hair line and press, then press down the back
7) take a comb and follow the front lace pressing down in the skin to make a mark
8) take a little more than a dab but less than the back and smear it around going just barely lower than the marks left by the comb
9) wait til glue is clear then drop and press down the front
10) after a few minutes I will go and lift the front with a comb while pressing down on the lace, I will also comb the hair the direction I with them to go so that when the glue dries the hairs are going the right way.
11) now just press down every few minutes all over until bonded
12) after eating I will spray the hair wet, comb then go about my day!

Real easy, then at night I spray down the sides with water, wait a few minutes and it falls off. Then just run the sides under water while rubbing/twisting the lace lightly between my fingers to get the glue off, rinse the whole piece, towel dry, put on a fake head, while holding the sides I shake the head to get some fluff, run my fingers along the edges to make sure no hair is folded under and do it again the next day!

There are a million ways to skin a cat, this is just one way I find easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tape attachment method & New Fullcap photos - lee99 - 08-09-2014, 06:36 AM