Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23 y/o Looking into Partial Template, need advice (pics)
10-06-2015, 03:12 AM,
RE: 23 y/o Looking into Partial Template, need advice (pics)
Hi JerG,

Paul is right, you can avoid a gummy mess if you take off and clean your system regularly. Tape comes off easily. Glue might require you to spend some time rubbing it with some alchohol.

I have no experience with skin/poly. But I would say that the biggest advantage to wearing one, for a beginner, is that you can use G2B glue (a sticky hair gel) on it with no problem at all.

I have tried G2B on an all lace system. What I found is that when I applied too little, the bond was not sufficient. And so I was temped to apply a lot. What would happen sometimes is I would apply too much, and the bottom of the lace and the hair near the bottom would absorb it. Essentially, I got too much in the system hair. And when soaked in the G2B hair gel, your system hair becomes rock hard with a wet look. It was not that big of a deal, but when I overapplied, I would have to 1) take off the system, 2) wash it again 3) wait for it to dry, 4) apply again. You really want privacy when dealing with your boding as a newbie. Locking yourself in your bathroom, while a family member waits for you outside can put a lot of pressure on you on the spot. And if your bathroom is muggy/hot and causes you to sweat, that can make the bonding much more difficult.

I definitely recommend G2B glue though. Your poly back and sides will give you the option of trying out the G2B. In the front, you can use tape or a proper glue like ORWG. I also used G2B at the hairline, but I ran into the issues I mentioned above. I would like to experiment with skin systems so that I can use G2B everywhere, including the hairline, but my stylist is against it, so I may try that later down the line when I am more experienced myself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 23 y/o Looking into Partial Template, need advice (pics) - EarlyTwenties - 10-06-2015, 03:12 AM