Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists
06-09-2014, 07:35 PM,
RE: Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists
Hello again travbjork, Well-written post .... described your experience/s very well.... interesting, but not surprising in the least..... I guess, out of the negative/s, you at least had some positive in that you got a template made and got the system/ base trimmed to fit..... I strongly advise you, and all new / potential wearers, to experiment at home, and get used to doing these things yourself.... it`s not rocket -science, but these ` stylists` like to make it sound as if it is and you`re ` under compliment` to them for ``obliging``you. I can understand that most of these places/people want to make big bucks and resent guys buying online and then having the `cheek` to come ask them to cut-in a system.....instead of being nice, and charging a reasonable price which might actually encourage a person to at least ` try out` one of their systems.....they know you`re ` stuck` and nervous and they love to rub it in!
Once you have the cut-in, you should then do some footwork and locate a regular salon / stylist in your area who will do a cut-in for you or have your next system/s sent to Debbie at splitendshairreplacement, for a remote cut in.....ideally , a system should be on your head and a person sitting in a chair in front of a stylist, but Debbie can do the ` heavy` work and a system can be easily ` tweaked` by the wearer or a local barber / stylist..... I just took a system to a local stylist, in a bag, so she was able to see what she would be dealing with if she decided to cut it for me ....she was happy to oblige. I pay 40€ for a Fullcap cut-in.
I had pointed out in your other thread, that you [ or anyone] having the system ` prepped` and ` ready-to-go` on the day, goes a long way, especially with a stylist who is not used to systems----another reason why I suggested taking a tube of ` Got2bglued` with you----it can easily / quickly be applied in the salon, and the system positioned-on.....also, stock systems come with the standard 6-inch hair length [and medium density] so there is ` work` in cutting that down .... I only ever order 4 inch length and even at that, a lot of it ends up on the floor!
Stocks are all ` Freestyle` ventilation,[hair is tied-in in a `looser,` non- `set` manner] so you can ` play` with various styles...... in relation to your attached photo...... yes that style is possible, but you`d most likely need to use styling-products to ` hold` it .... you can have that style ` built-in` to a custom-made system by sending photos of it..they`ll tie-in the hair in that more ` set` style.....be aware that the hairline is more ` exposed` with that style..... there can be tape-shine issues and also the perimeter there can sometimes get a visible ` line there due to atmospheric dust lodging on /at the underlying adhesive material...... it may not be an issue at all for you, but it can sometimes happen.
I hope she does a decent job for you when you go...don`t leave her ` dictate` to you.....you`ll be the one wearing / walking around with it on your head..not her !!

Messages In This Thread
Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists - travbjork - 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists - Paul In Ireland - 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM