Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists
06-09-2014, 10:11 AM,
Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to comment on my experiences so far. I'm located in San Antonio.

Everyone has been great here and very helpful. Bought a stock system and it matches my hair color perfectly.

Decided to go to a place on the North Side here, pricier, but specializes in systems. I came in for my appointment, sat down in a private room, and she just kinda looks at me and asks if I needed a consultation or what.

Apparently they only cut in their $1000+ systems she sells, and if I wanted a cut in for a non-in house unit, I'd have to attach it to my head before I come in. Fair enough.

Well, after going on about my noob-ness to her for a while, she reluctantly started helping me. She mentioned that I needed the lace cut down but she can't do it, but she'd help me attach and do a cut-in. She was pretty pissy that it wasn't A) Her System, B) Lace wasn't cut, and C) it didn't have a poly-perimeter. She was nice enough to make a template for me though, which I'll be sending to John for my next system.

She refers me to a guy not far from me who runs a "hair club" of sorts. I head over there the next day and boy, talk about night and day. The Nice place was modern, chic, played electronic dance music, lots of young attractive people, multiple receptionists, smelled amazing. This other place, "Apollo" was like a doctors office from 1985 (I think, I wasn't born yet lol).

I came in to a small room with 2 chairs, and rang a bell. I waited for a good 45 minutes before the guy, "Louis" came out. He gave me the whole 9 yards about not having an appointment, doing it completely wrong, it's going to "look like shit" on my head, and I look like I'm 40 already. Ruuddee, I'm 25, and definitely look younger or at least my age.

He says he'll cut my lace, but I have to come back in an hour. So I head over to Starbucks and chill out, and then go back. I then mentioned to him that I had a template to cut around and he kinda freaks out saying it's going to take him soooo much longer and the perimeter is all wrong and Debbie did it wrong, saying it's way too big... even though I saw what she did and looked okay to me, not a whole lot of shaving required. So he cuts the lace in for me, based on the template. Seems fine.

During this time he went on and on about China and how people like John are stealing from his pockets and cheating customers out of a worthwhile experience. He was trying to sell me, I'm not stupid though.

I'm getting my cut in on Wednesday, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

The "Nice" Place charges $995 for systems and $125 for cut-ins
The "1985" Place charges between $800 and $1000 for systems and $85 for cut-ins. He charged me $10 for my lace cut.

That's my rant... rude people charging way too much for something we can basically do for a fraction of the cost.

PS: HD's shipping is SOOOO slow.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Darn Rude Angry Crazy Stylists - travbjork - 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM