Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Noob] Let's play 20 Questions
06-02-2014, 12:33 AM,
RE: [Noob] Let's play 20 Questions
Hi again, Got2b dries with no shine on it at all..it tends to lose it`s grip at the front after about 2 days .... I mean it`s really not ` designed` for holding hair systems in place ....it`s simply a strong hair gel ....someone ` discovered` that it can be used as a bonding ` tool` .... it can be very very handy but it has it`s limits ..... I`ve taken it to the salon when going for a cut-in...it`s pretty easy / fast to use..... I`m always ` conscious` of not delaying the stylist too much ...especially if it`s just a ` normal` stylist obliging you with a cut-in....the less ` hassle` for them, the more likely they will be to do further work for you ...if they get a big amount of their time taken up with you, [naturally] they may not be too keen to repeat the experience !!
You just smear it onto the [now] bald /shaved area...not TOO thickly...allow it to begin to ` cure` / dry for a few minutes.... just give it time to dry a little....usually 3 -5 minutes is enough....then position the system /sit it on....mark your front hairline with a few [eyebrow pencil] dots around the front ----when the stylist has shaved your thin hair, just sit the system in the correct position, mark the front hairline, then remove the system, and apply your Got2b. I`m simply suggesting you use Got2b for ease /speed in the salon ---- you could also simply use tapes....... no need to tape-up your entire perimeter at all..... you can apply strips and allow ` gaps` between them ...trust me ...it will stay in place! ..... The front curved area is easier to deal with by using shorter strips...... I simply cut off a strip of tape, apply it to the lace firmly, then use the tip of a [ small] nail-scissors] right at the very corner of the strip....push the tip in between the tape and it`s backing-paper..just enough to separate them...I keep the ` flat` of the blade pressed firmly against the tape [holding it in place against the lace] and I peel the paper off fully with my other hand--then ` slide` the blade-tip off the tape in a sideways manner..this leaves the tape strip in place--if you just ` lift` the scissors, it tends to also pull the tape off the lace with it ....it takes patience and time to get used to doing it ... once I have the paper fully off, I then turn it to face the tape strip .....shiny [non-stick] side facing the tape....I then crease/fold a few millimeters of it ` back` fully onto itself.... I then press it relatively lightly onto the tape strip [will attach photos] ...this simply provides a barrier for when you sit the thing onto your head---it allows you to position the system properly and the folded -back bit provides a finger-grip for you to catch when you want to remove the paper and press the tape ` home` against your scalp /skin.... it sounds complex trying to put it into words like this ....but in effect all you`re doing is ` prepping` you system ..you can have it ` prepped` and ready when going to the salon..... then once your thin hair /bald area is cleared of hair, you sit the system on, position it, and then one of you [stylist /you] can hold it in position by simply placing your open hand / palm onto the crown to prevent it moving /slipping about, while the other works around the perimeter peeling off the bits of paper and pressing the thing firmly against the skin.....
Knots should already be bleached at the front...don`t `go there` at the moment... bleaching is not always effective because fabric dyes are often used ..bleaching is ineffective in that case ..it also weaken the hair and leads to shedding..... stock systems are generally ` freestyle` thus allowing freedom to style your hair more freely .....using knot-sealer can tend to ` lock` the hair into a particular direction... I used to always apply it to prevent knots becoming undone over time.... I haven`t used it in a long time and can see no real difference.
Ok..now to trimming your system / base to fit your thin/bald area.You have a styrofoam head-form I think....what you need to do is to sit your system onto it, lace -side up i.e. hair is against the styrofoam, and use T-pins to pin it hold it in place. You need to make a template of your bald area. Just do this in the normal way ..use strips of kitchen film [ the stuff you cover food with] just take one big long strip off the roll and lay it flat on your head [well, as ` flat` as is possible on a non-flat surface !! ] and tie it under your chin [not too tightly] mark the [ bald]area with black marker, then lay on strips of sellotape [clear tape] in order to give it ``body`` /rigidity.... do them side -to-side and back-to-front......you know what I mean......then untie it and remove...trim off the ` excess ` material ..... you now have a representation of your bald area....mark the Front with an ` X` [this is important].....now, sit the template on a flat surface, so you are now looking at something which looks like an easter egg which has been sliced lengthways.......now press down onto the template firmly so that it ` pops` ```inside-out`` I hope you can visualize what I am describing.... then lay your template onto your lace /system so that the front [``X`` mark] is sitting onto/ at the front of the system.....you then simply pin the template to the system /styrofoam ....don`t worry --you won`t do any harm to the system...then you use a hobby -knife [this type of thing ] http://www.ehobbytools.com/contents/en-us/d22.html
to trim /cut around the edge of your template, thus removing the ` excess` lace from the sides/back of the system...now this is VITAL ---do NOT cut ` down` through the lace ...simply draw the blade ` across` the lace gently ...the sharp blade will easily cut the lace but will leave the underlying hair which you want / need to keep, intact.......just sit with the system in front of you so that the front is furthest away from you and the back is nearest.....just place the tip of the knife onto the lace near the front/temple area, and draw it back towards you applying just gentle pressure...do NOT force the blade down through the lace.....the unwanted bit will separate easily....... you can then remove your template and you have your trimmed system which will fit your bald area without having to cut growing hair out of the way...I hope that`s of help and my description/s weren`t too confusing. I`m not sure if you`re going to a salon where they deal with systems all the time or if it`s a regular stylist ....if it`s a regular one, they won`t know anything about trimming a system in such a way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
[Noob] Let's play 20 Questions - travbjork - 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: [Noob] Let's play 20 Questions - Paul In Ireland - 06-02-2014, 12:33 AM