Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan to start wearing + wearing during travels
03-31-2014, 03:02 PM,
Plan to start wearing + wearing during travels
First off I just want to thank all the posters of this forum, all the informative posts and examples really convinced me to take action and opened my eyes to what a hair system really can do.

So about me, I'm 23 and I've been suffering from diffuse hairloss since 16 due to some chronic diseases. Well the good news is I'm much healthier now. The bad news is the hair never grew back. I'm using concealers at the moment but I'm having to use a LOT of it all over my head to make it look good. The other downsides are that I have to worry about someone even just touching my hair, the concealer sometimes gets onto my ears and neck and looks weird, I can't swim and I worry about rain and wind blowing it off. This along with the results I've seen on this forum have led me to give a hair system a shot.

As a newbie I have a few questions, I read around the forums as to avoid asking questions which have been asked numerous times and have so far decided on the following:

Full head cap: As I have diffuse hair loss this seems like the best bet for me
French Lace: Might go french lace with poly perimeter. Want the most realistic look, open to suggestions for full cap.
Thickness: Heavy, I'm pretty young and I feel like this would be the best choice
Glue: ORWG, seems like it's considered the best glue.
Tape: Walker no-shine, (+entendabond?) realism is very important, and this has a good reputation.
Remover: Isopropyl 99%, cheap and easy.
Washing/shampoo: Undecided
Cleaning: Autoglym tar remover

Main questions:
I plan to travel in a month and a half and will be gone visiting family in another country for a month. Is one cap enough for the trip or should I bring two to be on the safe side? I plan on ordering a stock unit for now while they make my custom unit so I can get used to wearing and then for the trip use the custom one.

Do I need to make a template for the stock unit?

Will there be enough time for the custom units to be made before I leave?

I live in the San Diego area, does anyone have any good recommendations on how I should go about finding someone to do my cut-in in this area?

Thanks for any help I get, please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I didn't mention that I should know.

Messages In This Thread
Plan to start wearing + wearing during travels - Ambient - 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM