Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/
03-22-2014, 06:25 AM,
Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/
Received my first piece from John yesterday. Today is the day of reckoning, I'm either going to have a nice full head of hair for the rest of my life OR be a bald man with a large strip scar on the back of my head. I know that these two extremes will have a VERY significant impact on the rest of my life. It is no secret that we feel more attractive and better with a full head of hair, which leads to confidence. Confidence is king. I don't want to sound vain or anything (and I'm not) but I've always been considered a good looking guy, from my peers and from girls- going through life bald simply isn't an option for me. I am 27 years old...

Back story:

-Started balding at 17
-Propecia from 17-27...will discontinue depending on hair system and hairline.
-HT at either 20 or 21 years old ... I try to block it from memory- easily the worst decision of my life Sad
-Rogaine 26-27... 2nd worst decision ever. And you'll see why below.
-Other supplements used during this period: Nizoral, saw palmetto, lysine, fish oil (you name it, I've tried it)

Let's go back a couple of months. End of January (yes, 1.5 months ago).. I'm dating a model (straight up gorgeous with an amazing personality). My hair is about 70% hair and 30% toppik at this point. I began rogaine about 7 months ago, at the time I thought it was amazing- it seemed to be keeping my hair stagnant. Then, February begins and my hair ends. By the end of February my hair is about 30% hair and 70% toppik. I've never gone through such a nightmare. In this time my girlfriend told me that my attitude had changed and she no longer wants to be with me. Emphasis on the attitude, I know she had no idea I was losing my hair cause a couple of days before this she bought me a hair product she thought I would use (some clay gel or something). Anyway, I KNOW she was right and I KNOW it was because of my hair loss.

I can't be sure what caused such a rapid loss in hair. Maybe the propecia stopped working after a decade (which is common), maybe the rogaine just killed my hair, maybe genetics just took over everything. I don't know and probably never will.

I literally discovered the new age (if you will) hair pieces, out of desperation last week. It's so funny, losing my hair for 10 years, probably did about 1,000 hours worth of research in that time and I NEVER thought to look into a 'wig'. I have a friends wedding this weekend and I am a groomsman, I really believe that today is the tipping point. Either everyone will know I'm bald, or this hair system will be a godsend. As of now, only my dad and sister know about this (or that I'm balding at all) and I plan to keep it that way. I had TL rush me a stock unit. I'm going to make a template of my head and then trace with the system. Then I have a salon appointment... Here goes nothing and everything all at once...

Messages In This Thread
Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/ - Sidebender - 03-22-2014, 06:25 AM