Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any attachment advice - particularly cleanup
02-18-2014, 04:49 AM,
Any attachment advice - particularly cleanup
Let me start out saying I am wearing a full cap system. I want to be able to get by on 2 systems a year. I now have 6 systems that have the same shedding in the same area. Out of them 2 are currently unwearable due to this shedding. I am looking for all your expertise on what I might need to change in my routine to get the pieces to last longer. I might even be doing something unknowingly to short life them. I wore partial for over 10 years and have only been on the full caps for two years.

Here is my routine with my hair systems. I get my systems cut in by the same stylist. I wait until I have to absolutely order before I do which boxes me in to have to take whatever is sent. I know that is what has me in my current situation. I don’t think there are too many folks that can afford one or two of these a month.
I use Blue liner tape, although I don’t like the black that is left when I remove the tape at removal, a piece at the bottom nape area, a strip in the middle of the back of the head one across middle top. Then a strip above both ears for 6 pieces of tape. I use Walkers Ultra Hold for the front and the temple area. I would like to use the white glue and may if I go to daily wear. Do you have any recommends there for daily wear on tapes and glue?

I wear for a week. Then on Monday night I use some 99% alcohol and let soak in all around and remove. I clean my head with some Pure and get as much of the glue off my head as possible. Walker’s is a challenge for that. I shave my head. I mirror slide my piece I just took off. I then put it in an adhesive removal solution overnight. Next morning I get up wipe my head down with 99% alcohol and wipe down with a micro cloth. I then clean the piece I took off with Dawn dishwashing soap on the base and then use LoReal Shampoo for color Hair says advanced formula. Then I condition with the LoReal Conditioner. The piece I put on was from the previous week prior to the removal. I try to rotate two pieces. Once I get this all figured out I would love to ideally rotate between 4 and cut down on the wear out time. Any thoughts changes I need to make appreciated.
I was told in a private email wearing for 1 week and the number 20 hair color is causing it to shed due to more processing on the hair.

Messages In This Thread
Any attachment advice - particularly cleanup - macmike - 02-18-2014, 04:49 AM