Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to try wearing without shaving? (photo)
09-04-2013, 01:42 PM,
Possible to try wearing without shaving? (photo)
I want to take the plunge and try wearing hair but the thing that's stopped me for a long time is the need to shave...
I am still *vaguely* getting away with using concealers- it's not really a secret that i'm bald(ing) or using concealers, though most people tell me they can't tell - but admittedly i'm pushing it at this point. definitely a bit nervous walking around like that on a bright sunny say. perhaps they're being polite.

i'm looking at shaving as the point of no return - shaving my hair on top to wear a piece would mean 4 months of misery wearing hats and feeling lousy while i wait for my remaining hair to grow back (and some prob. won't grow back) should it not work out.

i'm wondering if there's a way to try this out without shaving? not for a very long time but just to see if i can handle wearing and get to grips with it first. so that if i can't, i can just take it off and continue as before.

i do not have enough hair to get away with wearing a partial at this stage.

it might be worth saying that i'm not necessarily trying to fool anyone, other than maybe myself. i probably will admit to most friends that i'm wearing a piece. dating-wise, i've told my dates outright that i've got gunk in my hair to make me look less bald. and they shouldn't touch my hair or it'll get on their hands. never been a problem or put anyone off, most have said they won't care if i'm bald, and i've explained that the concealers are for me not them Smile

i'm more embarrassed about total strangers funnily enough.

i'm also ultimately planning to dye my hairpieces in crazy colors (i made another thread on that a few weeks ago), whether or not that is something that will help with realism (because people will focus on the color) or not (because it'll draw more attention to my hair)... i do not know.

thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Possible to try wearing without shaving? (photo) - FloristFire - 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM