Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help deciding on my first piece (photo)
08-28-2013, 03:35 AM,
RE: Help deciding on my first piece
I think your main issue will be bonding-material/s.....profuse /frequent sweating can be a challenge for even the best of glue/tape.....also, the acids in sweat can and do eventually damage even Polyurethane [` Skin` ] material if not removed and cleaned regularly..... usually the hair ` gives out` long before the base does, so you`re not going to get months and months from any system...mine tend to last a long time, but I`m easy on them and detach nightly also.....you`ll usually get shedding of the hair before the lace begins to fray or the Poly begins to get pin-holes [from sweat-acid] in it..... and average life-span of a system [the hair at any rate] is around 3 months or so, but obviously that can vary a lot, depending on many factors.
Bonds don`t suddenly ` come loose` --it normally happens gradually ...you`ll usually be aware of it and can do localised touch-up`s if the majority of the bond is still good. Maintaining hygiene of your scalp will be important with profuse sweating, so you`ll have to factor -in probably having to do more frequent detachments and cleaning than would be ` normal`..... I`d also leave your side hair grow out a bit because keeping it buzzed in ` tight` means the system hair has to also be thinned-in / tapered-in tightly and is challenging to achieve an `invisible` join...... it will be easier for a stylist to make it look natural if there`s a decent ` foundation` [hair] to layer -in onto.
If you`re using glues, you`ll possibly need more layers than most sedentary people would need and with tape/s, you`ll need something like Blueliner but this can be really messy to clean off if left on too long.... hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help deciding on my first piece - Paul In Ireland - 08-28-2013, 03:35 AM
RE: Help deciding on my first piece - Jorn - 08-29-2013, 06:45 AM