Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
09-01-2013, 07:59 AM,
RE: Help
I don`t fully understand some of your post, and at what stage you now are regarding the styling / what the stylist has done.
In order to do your initial head-shave, you sit the system onto your head as it is...no tapes / glues.
Position it so that the front hairline of the system is sitting on / at your natural hairline..you can hold it in place with a finger to stop it sliding/slipping about on the head.... have a look to see if it looks not to be lop-sided -- it should be approximately the same distance ` above` each ear... in other words, not sitting crookedly on the head..... the person [stylist] standing behind you simply has to fold/ hold the side-hair up out of the way so the edge of the system can be seen [ I know it`s a bit tricky with the hair being long] ....just use an eyebrow pencil to mark your scalp around the perimeter of the system and around the back....just enough so that the hair ` within` the marked-area can be shaved off out of the way. ... simply pop the system off, and shave the area or buzz it with electric shears. Simply apply a layer of Got2b and wait a few minutes for it to begin to set..then carefully sit the system on [holding the hair ` up` off the scalp] --- just catch the hair in a large clump `up` out of the way..this helps keep most of it off the ` adhesive`---it`ll be quite simple to position it on because the marker-lines will still be there. You don`t need to have it perfect, but reasonably ok is fine...the main thing is the front hairline ..make sure it`s not too far behind or forward of your natural hairline of it will look ` off` .....
I don`t know what you used but you refer to glue as in `` We glued it yesterday`` ----can you explain what you used ? I can only assume you used system -glue...... I suggested using Got2b for the very reason that using ` normal` glue is time-consuming ....you need to be careful to apply it thinly and each coat MUST be allowed to go almost dry before adding the next layer and the lace must NOT be allowed to come into contact with wet glue....it will seep through the lace and solidify onto the knots and bottom of the hairs and you`ll have a terrible ` mess` on your hands.....
Lace release is sprayed onto the lace....hold the hair ` back` from the glued area, place the nozzle of the bottle close to the lace and spray a few darts on... just do a few inches of the perimeter at a time, and you have to allow the liquid to seep through onto the glue/yape and ` work` ....don`t ` force` /pull the lace off of ` strong` glue or tape...if you`ve used sufficient lace -release and allowed it a few minutes to work, the lace will simply lift with no resistance....you could easily tear the lace of you ` force` it off whilst it`s still held strongly----- you need to break [``Release``] it from the bonding material. If you get ` stray` hairs stuck in / on glue when putting the system on, just use a little lace-release to free them ..don`t pull them out of the glue or they`ll just snap off.
I`m not familiar with the glue you mentioned but 4 coats seems like a lot to me ..most glues are applied with 2 coats usually.... it`s not normal for glue to be shiny.... maybe it looks like that when it`s ` fresh` ...that issue is more common with tapes .....
You can dampen the hair any time you like as in the shower .... I`m just not a fan of frequent shampooing and when I do shampoo, it`s when I have the system off my head and I can sit it into a sink... frequent shampooing will lift the colour sooner than normal and dry the hair further...it`s not necessary as, normally, the hair is not actually dirty unless you work in the construction industry ! All it usually needs is a misting / dampening with water and a few darts of leave-in conditioner.
I didn`t / don`t understand what this means : The jammed barely any glue on the system
It sounds like you need to do more research...search the forum..there`s loads of older posts and also look on Youtube ..there are many many videos showing how to do things .. I`ve posted links this week on this other thread.... you really need to look at those tutorials to see how it`s done. http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5888&page=2

Messages In This Thread
Help - Gojja - 08-25-2013, 05:06 AM
RE: Help - Jorn - 08-25-2013, 07:26 AM
RE: Help - Hersute - 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Help - Gojja - 08-27-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Help - Paul In Ireland - 08-27-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Help - Gojja - 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: Help - Paul In Ireland - 08-30-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Help - Gojja - 09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Help - Paul In Ireland - 09-01-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Help - Gojja - 09-02-2013, 01:50 AM
RE: Help - Paul In Ireland - 09-02-2013, 04:31 AM