Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice on my first hair system-pics
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM,
Looking for advice on my first hair system-pics
Hi, everyone. I'm 29 years old and at about a class 5 hair loss. I started losing my hair at around 22. Like most people going through mpb it had a devastating effect on my looks and eventually on my psyche. I felt the same on the inside.. my personality didn't change, but people began to treat me different.

After a couple years, I couldn't just sit around and let this condition do that to me any more. I began researching options. At that point a hair piece seemed out of the question.. I didn't give it much thought after initially counting it out. I saw concealers as a good choice so I bought a few and tired them out.

When I first put on concealers I couldn't believe the results! Instantly I felt and looked like me again! Peoples eyes stopped drifting towards my hair line, I wasn't the butt of jokes anymore, woman actually talked to me again!

I couldn't believe the reaction I got throughout this process; going from having hair, to losing it, then getting it back (or at least the appearance of it) really showed that having hair is an important factor in how the world perceives you. I was always the same person but having hair changed how people treated me. That was the most devastating part of losing my hair.

I've always felt alone throughout the process. People cut you short when you feel sorry for yourself while losing hair. They think your vein. Shave your head they say. Like its that easy lol. When I was younger with hair, i could shave it and look great. But when I lost my hair and shave it, my forehead looks like its 3 feet high. Having hair frames the face!!! Even if its just stubble it still has a devastating effect... at least for me and the shape of my head.

Anyways, after 4 or 5 years of concealers they've run their course. My hair loss is more extensive and its tough to get a passable look. I've become pretty embarrassed about it and have resorted to wearing a hat. Wearing concealers has been bitter sweet.. It gave me the illusion of hair but it made me very nervous and apprehensive. The stuff can come off pretty easy and it made me fearful of getting close and having physical contact with others. That's one of my biggest concerns about the transition into a hair piece... I hope I lose that nervousness that came with concealers.

I started researching hair systems a couple weeks ago and I like what I have to see. I'm still a bit nervous and apprehensive though. I just feel like there's no other option.

-------------------------how I made my template----------------------------

I've researched quite a bit and am starting to get a pretty good feel for the world of hair replacement. I just made my first template last night. This is were I need some advice!

In order to create the desired hairline I first grabbed the old bottle of courve. I then created my hairline as I had for the past few years and got it as best I could. The hairline I typically create with courve is very close to how my hair had always been naturally. Once I created the courve hairline I traced it with a sharpie. I then washed off the courve, put sarann wrap on my head and went about making a template.

Has anyone ever heard of this; using courve method for creating a template? Do you think it will give me my desired results? Anything else I should be considering when making a template? I thought I may need temple flaps on my piece, but after doing it the courve method, I don't know if I need them. Also If you look at the first picture of the profile shot of me... the hairline I created runs into a patch of hair that still extends about an inch towards the top of my head. I created the tempelate around that patch of hair. Not sure if most people would shave that off and create a template that goes all the way around the head in a uniform circle, or keep as much natural hair as possible making the template go around whats left. I've attached some pictures of the line I created based on my courve line... as well as my desired hairstyle. And finally one of the template I created.

I like a pretty short clean cut look. I use to always cut my own hair and i'd basically just cut all the sides of my hair with a 2 clip on an electric razor and then kept the top a bit longer. Is it possible to blend a piece with hair as short on the sides as a 2 clip? If not what's the shortest I could go?

I was thinking of trying lace for my first piece. Maybe thinskin but I defiantaly want a swiss front with a freestyle hair pattern. I want to be able to expose my hairline if I desire, so i've heard a swiss front is necessary for that. I was also thinking med-med light densisty. And i'm not sure about a graduation either. Do you think the screenshot of my desired hairstyle would warrant a graduation? If so how much? I'm 29 years old with a younger appearance (at least with hair lol) so I can pull off a pretty aggressive hair line I think.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Looking for advice on my first hair system-pics - tkster95 - 05-02-2013, 06:45 AM