Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some things I've learned
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM,
RE: Some things I've learned
This is a really insightful piece for guys who are thinking of wearing.

I agree with you that a hairpiece is never going to be literally undetectable. The base doesn't dematerialise, so it is there and you can see it if you look hard enough in the right place. I would prefer to say that, when properly applied, a lace piece is functionally undetectable, because the slight visual clues that the base is there - a hint of the mesh, or a slight shine from the glue or tape, or a slight yellowishness from the bleaching of the knots - are all things that the average observer would either ignore altogether or would attribute to something else, like dry skin. The likelihood of an otherwise undetectable hairpiece being given away to a casual observer by him or her spotting the base is minuscule. In fact the only real life example I have ever heard of is John Travolta, and I still don't know what he was up to going out like that.

However, it is a different story if people already know or suspect that you're wearing. Then they are looking in the right place, and less likely to mistake its significance if they spot a clue. That is why it is so important to make the switch to a hairpiece before people are aware you are balding.

Messages In This Thread
Some things I've learned - rashton83 - 02-20-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Some things I've learned - Baldrich - 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: Some things I've learned - Hersute - 02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Some things I've learned - Hairenough - 02-21-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: Some things I've learned - antywanty - 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM
RE: Some things I've learned - rashton83 - 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM