Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks?
02-14-2013, 08:01 PM,
Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks?
Hi folks,

I have a 2 week vacation in May, and I'd like try out a hairpiece during that time. If I'm convinced I'll keep wearing, otherwise I'll take it off before returning & nobody will know I tried. The question is, how should a very motivated newbie go about getting the most convincing piece/style/routine he can within just 2 weeks? A few things:

* I live in San Francisco, but I'm willing to travel anywhere to see a stylist/advisor/consultant, etc

* With enough concealer I still appear to have a full head of hair, so if I do keep wearing, the transition shouldn't be too suspicious (I hope?).

* Money no issue

* 31 years old, but look a fair bit younger than that

* I'm willing to get a few pieces & try different styles/variations to see if I like any enough to keep wearing. Similarly, I'm happy to see multiple consultants

* Despite never wearing, I've researched quite thoroughly and already know what colour/density I suspect suits me best. Still, open to a consultation before ordering if you folks think it would be productive. (I can consult before May, just can't start wearing until then )

* Decent sides & temples

* I ordered 2 pieces from 2 different suppliers a few months ago, but wimped out of wearing them. Unstyled, unprepared, just resting atop my head, both look pretty ridiculous. This has kinda scared me away from taking the plunge ever since.

* More than happy to spend a fair bit of time on maintenance/upkeep. Yeah, I'm quite vain.

So in short, as a newbie with time & money, what should I do to ensure my piece is the most convincing damn thing I can come up with within a fortnight, knowing that those 2 weeks are the only time I'll have to get it right?

Any help really appreciated - and thanks guys, this forum has been very helpful.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Question: Getting it right in the first 2 weeks? - allegorymax - 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM