Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy Questions, Templates Density, Curl (pics)
02-07-2013, 05:16 AM,
New guy Questions, Templates Density, Curl (pics)
Hi everyone I am new to this, I have been losing my hair slowly now for about 15 years. I have been researching systems now for about 6 months and reading forum post and trying to get a handle on this.

I am now ready to order my first system and need some opinions on so different aspects of the system. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I have posted some pics of myself.

My hair is somewhat thin on the sides so I am between two system designs my goal is to mask the thinning side hair on the sides. The system that I order will be on the low density side maybe 45 to 50% with a graduated front hair line. My hair color is sort of a dirty blonde although in the last few years it has seemed to get little darker. I am considering ordering some slight highlights in the front to give it a little more dimension and will send in a color sample of my hair. My hair seems to be about 10% grey but in my sample the grey hairs should show up. I am a little confused on what amount of curl to order when my hair was thicker it was curly but as it has thinned out it has gotten straighter I was considering something slightly curly er than a body wave but I have read that when you add curl it causes the system to look thicker which could conflict with my thin sides. I defintly don't think stick straight hair would match my sides if they were grown out a little.

The two system design templates I have posted photos of.

The first system template would measure 8 inch wide and 10 inch long I was wondering if this would fit into the typical topper category? It does come down on my temples some and the sides of my hair : but It does fall into the 8x10 size range. I was wondering if this would provide adequate side coverage if I grew my sides out a little and possibly used some concealer?

The second system template I was considering is further down on my sides and temples I guess it would be considered a 3/4 cap. Its pretty much the same its just a little further down and just covers my sides a little more. With this design I am a little concerned with getting the temples to look right. Especially since I am new to this and I don't want to wade to far off into the deep end and make a mess of things.

So I was wondering you guys opinions of the two template designs and which I should go with. I was also interested to hear your opinions on the density and the possibility of the highlights in the front, and the amount of curl I should go with. I was also wondering if I should go with because Im new all french lace base or a combo of french base and Swiss front?

The pics are attached below.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
New guy Questions, Templates Density, Curl (pics) - goose042905 - 02-07-2013, 05:16 AM