Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please!
12-15-2012, 12:51 PM,
RE: Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please!
My tips.

1. Remove hairpiece; get glue off with hot water and wash cloth in circular motion.
2. Let hairpiece soak in a basin of 1 teaspoon sized Karasilk Shampoo for 1 minute.
3. Rinse out with warm water.
4. Rub ΒΌ sized Karasilk Conditioner in hands, put in hair avoiding knots.
5. Leave to absorb for 3 minutes.
6. Rinse out with cool water.
7. Semi-dry out the base material with hair dryer on cool from a distance + blot dry.
8. Use Karasilk leave-in conditioner.
9. Knot sealer.
10. Use wide-tooth comb to style the system.
11. Scalp protector + 99% alcohol on head.
12. Apply Got2BGlued Hair Spiking glue on head.
13. Attach Hair system to head, with Got2BGlued; you have minutes to adjust it into place.

@ToplaceUSA I had no idea about the knot sealer in that way, would you recommend against it overall, I guess the only benefits is it lasts longer due to less shedding, but if it makes the base stiffer I think I might give it a miss from now on, also I would like your opinion of my routine above, thanks.

I would wash twice a week, monday morning and thursday evening.

my advice is to ignore all official toupey tape/glues, and go for Got2BGlued, the best glue is ORWG but the cleanup is not that easy, it leaves residue on the base, just use got2bGlued, there is no reason NOT to use got2bGlued other than its not 100% strong after 48 hours, in which case just do a re-top on the front line if you need it, then the next day you're back to washing your unit again anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please! - fullcapwearer - 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM