Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please!
12-15-2012, 12:32 PM,
RE: Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please!
Well, I'm not as experienced as others are on this forum, but the first thing I do when I get a new unit is this:

1. Cut all the excess lace. I cut it all the down to 1/16 of an inch from the hair.

2. Wash the unit. Preferably using a shampoo that is sulfate free. There are various options out there that many here have recommended.

3. Shave and/or prep your coverage area. Make sure your head is clean. This ensures a better attachment.

4. Attach the unit. This is can either be done using tape, glue, or Got2B Glued.

Admittedly, this is still vague because I'm not sure what you've done so far up to this point and what you're leaning towards when it comes to attachment. If you haven't bought any adhesives yet, I would do that. It's recommended you test various glues and tapes to see how your body reacts to them. They perform differently from person to person. A tape that works great for me may have advise effects on you. For beginners, it's a good idea to start with Got2B Glued. It's safe on your skin and is more forgivable than glue or tape. I would look up some older posts for this stuff to see how to apply it properly.

Sorry, this isn't everything but I hope this can get you get started. Wearing has a steep learning curve, but if you stick to it, it'll get easier and easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got my 1st Lace Unit.....now what? Help please! - InDenial - 12-15-2012, 12:32 PM