Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape residue getting into the hair
12-14-2012, 09:03 PM,
RE: Tape residue getting into the hair
Hi Ohioguy, I use that tape... I cut only small strips off the roll as I like to detach nightly, however if I were to go longer, I find it will begin to break down after only 3 days---- many guys get a lot longer out of it, but I don`t -- it`s not that there`s anything ` wrong` with the tape as such, but all bonding-materials ` behave` differently from one person to another-- depends on your individual physiology and lifestyle. and local climate.
You will probably have to try other types of tapes until you find one that suits you best in view of your active lifestyle.
Obviously some of the adhesive material has seeped onto some of the hair. You can use any of the Citrus-based Solvents to get it off..... De-solv it is one, C-22 and Re-move are others --I think you can buy De-solv it in some stores in U.S. as it`s readily available?
Just spray some on, leave it to ` work` for 5 minutes, and then sit it into a sink of tepid water with shampoo mixed in...... you may have to gently comb the affected-hair to get the residue off.....then rinse/ condition the system as normal.
You can also just soak your system in `Autoglym` [ automobile tar-remover] ---- `Hersute` recommends it /uses it frequently.....sits his systems in a bowl of it for 30 minutes, then rinses it off and shampoos/conditions as usual....... you should be able to get it in car-accessory stores. He`s done quite a few threads/replies on it...just type in his name into the search-bar, and you`ll fnd them.
I recommend infrequent shampooing [ by all means wet/mist the hair as much as you wish] but do use a good leave-in conditioner, preferably with UV-protection in it.
The base-material has no real bearing on it, but if you sweat a lot, I think lace is more hygienic and allows the majority of the scalp to ` breath` and water can get through it when showering and dilute / rinse out most of the sweat.
Try Blue-liner or Blue lace tape as it`s also know or Pro-flex strips .... Blue liner can give a very messy clean-up though if left in place too long, but many guys use it when engaging in activities such as swimming and ` beach` holidays.... sounds like you`ll just have to do a bit of ` experimenting`.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tape residue getting into the hair - Paul In Ireland - 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM