Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Transplant + Hair System?
11-27-2012, 10:55 PM,
RE: Hair Transplant + Hair System?
I think your too young to have a HT most good HT doctors will tell you to wait as you dont know how your going to progress, most will also tell you to try propecia and Minoxidil, this could keep and even grow some hair...then in a few years you could have a HT.

If you dont want to take med's and you are losing hair in your teens a HT might not be the best route, its hard to tell from your pics how bad it is, it doesnt look like you've lost too much, maybe brushing your hair down would give a better look, or maybe try concealers, another possibility is to use a hairline piece to lower your hairline.

I think some peoples view of hair transplants are outdated and maybe they had one from a bad HT doctor.

Techinques have improved so much over the past few years I've seen great results at surgeons who arent even rated highly in the HT world.

If you do your research there are a few doctors in the world who constantly achieve great results and things will only continue to improve.

Of course you have to consider your options, if you have enough donor hair to achieve what you want, the possibility of needing further treatments, the possible need for med's to keep what you have....and the possibility of paying all that money to actually end up looking worse.

The problem with a transplant + a piece behind it is matching the density/look and getting the piece to sit well behind the transplant. I think their was a poster on another forum who tried it and he said for a while it was great but became harder and harder and now he just wears and is much happier.

I've thought about a transplant to fill my little recession and lower my hairline but I doubt I'd go through all the trouble and still wear a hairpiece, for me its either a hair transplant to stop the need to wear a piece or wear a piece....not both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hair Transplant + Hair System? - standbyme - 11-27-2012, 10:55 PM