Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice really needed (badly) - pics
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM,
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics
2.5 weeks ago I had my old teeth veneers removed to have new ones made & put on, which I do about every 5 years or so.
They should normally take about a week to 10 days to get made and in the meantime the dentist puts on temporary ones.
My dentist is 300 miles from where I live (don't ask...I know its crazy!) and after I got back home, 2 of the front temp veneers fell off, revealing my horrific natural teeth which are substantially smaller, more crooked and yellow!
I haven't been able to leave the house!
I feel SO self conscious about them and the way I look.
But I kept thinking it was only a matter of days and all would be ok again.

Just my luck....... my teeth got lost during the floods in the north of the UK, where they were being made!!!

A new set SHOULD arrive this Thursday but it will be a total of 3 weeks and I can't believe what a knock to my confidence those weeks have been.
I don't go anywhere unless I HAVE to and I keep my head down and won't engage with ANYONE!

I keep telling myself that next week all will be ok again and I'll be able to face people and actually smile again!

I know I'm acting like a crazy person, they're only teeth, but its these sorts of things that can really change a person and how they feel about themselves.

Here is a pic of how they are now and what the finished new ones will be:

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics - Hersute - 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM