Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need your assistance (Pic)
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM,
RE: I need your assistance (Pic)
Misterbeef,

I've used this basic style for several years now and can say that your density specs are right—75-80% for density.

Stay away from the standard factory graduation. My experience has been that they always tend to tie a lot less hair in the central area of the unit (usually 10-15% less), both at the hairline and in the middle/top, so standard graduation doesn't work well with this particular hairstyle. Instead, ask the factory to slightly graduate first 1-2 cm of the hairline and to leave the rest of the unit non-graduated. (I always usually pluck out a few hairs here and there around to improve on the factory graduation though.)

If your natural hair is straight, then by all means order straight hair instead of body wave. In reality "straight" hair will still have a bit of natural curl to it (it's not usually bone straight). It won't have a visible wave pattern or the "poofiness" that body wave does. Ordering straight hair also saves the hair from some damage since it doesn't have to be permed (always a good thing). It's very easy to add a little body/curl anywhere needed with a small round brush and a little heat for more volume when styling.

As Hersute explained, Forward From Crown ventilation is tied so the hair flows toward your face, therefore it tends to lay flatter to the head on the top and sides as shown in the picture. When hair is ventilated Freestyle, the individual hair strands are directed out in slightly different directions. This small difference significantly impacts how the hair behaves.

You can order Freestyle and get close to the same result when styling eventually, but having tried it both ways, I can say with confidence that Forward From Crown is the way to go for this style. It's much easier to work with.

•• Also, be sure to include both a copy of the picture of the style you would like to achieve and a picture that clearly shows what your natural density looks like in with your order. These visual aids are invaluable tools that will go a long way to help the factory produce a great result.

Messages In This Thread
I need your assistance (Pic) - Misterbeef - 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: I need your assistance - NYCguy2020 - 09-09-2012, 06:47 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - Amstat - 10-09-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - rscout - 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - rscout - 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - Hersute - 12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - rscout - 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - stealth - 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - rscout - 05-31-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - rscout - 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: I need your assistance (Pic) - sacha75 - 05-31-2013, 01:07 AM