Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started with a Partial
09-03-2012, 08:37 PM,
RE: Getting Started with a Partial
Pete.. you can spend ` big` money on shampoos/conditioners etc. Many off-the-shelf products are relatively harsh on system-hair, with repeated applications. I`m not a fan of frequent shampooing.. I`ve always found that ` less is best` when it comes to systems...... colour-lift will happen faster with frequent shampooings etc. I simply use a daily leave-in conditioner, which has sunscreen in it, having first spritzed the hair with water. L`oreal do a good shampoo and conditioner called ` Everpure` ---no sulfates in it...even Johnsons baby shampoo is pretty much ok to use.....it`s quite ` gentle`...... I simply add a little shampoo to a basin of lukewarm water and simply immerse the system in it for maybe 2 minutes....... I lift it out and rinse with water, down through the lace onto the hair to remove any shampoo residue..then apply a conditioner for 10-15 minutes , and again rinse out the excess....then just blot-dry it with a clean towel...don`t `knead` or agitate the hair.....allow to dry naturally.... when still slightly damp, give it a few darts of the leave-in conditioner, ` roughly` style it with fingers or a light brushing and allow to dry fully.
There are 2 types of alcohol..without getting too technical.....you need `` Lace-release`` to free your lace from the underlying adhesive/tape....then a ` stronger` alcohol such as `Pure` Glue-remover, to remove the residues from the scalp and /or lace...... I have found ` Pure` to be a little too weak on the scalp-takes a few applications [depending on what glue has been applied] and so the Citrus-based ones like C22 or Desolve it, are more effective----the trick with removing your system is to allow the lace-release time to ` work` [usually a minute or two]...that way, most of the residue will be on the scalp, which is easier to remove/clean, than off of lace. I always apply knot-sealer to my new systems..this helps prevent shedding...some guys don`t bother with it---it`s a matter of choice. There are many clips on Youtube showing `how-to`s` in relation to systems...just type in something like `` Applying knot sealer to a lace system`` .....the main issue with system hair from day one, is dryness...anything you can do to maintain some level of moisture in your system hair, is good. Frequent shampooing`s and sun -exposure leads to dryness/brittleness and colour-lift.... your system hair is not / will not be ` dirty` as such or oily like growing hair can be, so no need to keep shampooing it.......using a lot of styling-products etc., can leave the hair looking ` dull` / lifeless ....... then you have to shampoo it out..... I keep it as simple as I can, by just using leave-in conditioner, and infrequent washing of the hair...if I`ve been sweating, I simply remove the system, wet it in a sink of lukewarm water..I rub a little shampoo onto the lace base, then rinse it off under running-water----- I avoid the hair itself as such, but I maintain hygiene in that way.
You`ll find your own likes/dislikes and ways of doing things .....
In summary, get lace-release, an alcohol -based glue-melter such as ` Pure` , optionally, a citrus-based glue-buster such as C22 ... bonding-materials [tape/s glue/s] knot-sealer [optional] and a gentle /suitable shampoo & conditioner.
You can use citrus-based cleaners on your lace to melt/remove stubborn glue-residue/s but be sure to wash it out properly..it can have / leave an oily residue in/on the lace and this will interfere with your fresh bond....alcohols will simply evaporate off, so are ` cleaner` to work-with.Also, repeated applications [of citrus-based cleaners] onto lace, can discolour / stain the lace to a slightly orange hue, so just to be aware of that. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Getting Started with a Partial - Pete - 09-03-2012, 02:11 AM
RE: Getting Started with a Partial - Paul In Ireland - 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: Getting Started with a Partial - Pete - 09-04-2012, 01:25 AM