Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started with a Partial
09-03-2012, 07:47 PM,
RE: Getting Started with a Partial
Hey & welcome Partial Pete!

Have you placed it on your head and seen that the knots are visible, like lots of obvious dots?
If not (no pun intended) then there is no need to bleach them.
This also applies if you don't intend to ever expose the hairline by wearing your hair back off your face.

I really advise you read some threads about bleaching knots and the products to use.
People get mixed results, where sometimes it just turns them red, which is more obvious than the original black dots.
Also bleaching can damage & weaken both the lace & hair if not done correctly.
Jet black hair is the most difficult to bleach.

Washing the hair when you first get it helps relax the hair and gets rid of some of the factory 'gloss' thats been applied.
All washing of the hair, both on and off your head should be done gently.
When conditioning the hair, you'd be advised to avoid the 'roots' or knots because this can make them slippery and cause them to come undone more easily.

You've said you condition your hair every day & wash it once a week.
Did you mean that, or did you mean it the other way around?
If you did mean it, then you could stick to that routine by using a daily spray-in conditioner and washing once a week, probably when you do a detach/reattach.
Washing the hair is what can cause the hair to become dull & brittle and can shorten the life of the piece if done too frequently, using the wrong products.
There are several threads worth reading on recommended products for replacement hair.

99% alcohol will work to detach the piece, clean off residue adhesive and clean your scalp of oils & grease.
There are other products that some people use/prefer like Desolve-it, C22, Lace-Release etc.
I suggest you watch a few Youtube videos on the subject to give you a clear idea of what to do.

I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Getting Started with a Partial - Pete - 09-03-2012, 02:11 AM
RE: Getting Started with a Partial - Hersute - 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
RE: Getting Started with a Partial - Pete - 09-04-2012, 01:25 AM