Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lining up Partial Piece
05-17-2012, 01:26 AM,
RE: Lining up Partial Piece
Well, panic over. I've managed to get the thing cleaned up and back on my noggin. I decided to be cautious and do it in 2 halves after last nights failed attempt.

I placed it in the postion it should sit and clipped the longer hair at the front of the piece, to my own hair to keep it roughly in place. Flipped up the back and applied glue to roughly half of the shaved area. Lightly sprayed the glue with some surgical spirit to buy me some time to position it correctly, then pressed down with the comb. I left it alone for 5 minutes or so, then flipped the front and did the same. No dramas!

I think the use of some latex gloves was a good move too, as last night I seemed to get it all in my fingers and subsequently, all over the hair. But using the gloves whenever applying/handling the glue, prevented any on the fingers. It was then simply a case of taking them off to handle the piece.

So thats the thing back on my head (which was my main hurdle), now I need to tackle the issue of removing the leftover DeSolvIt/C-22 thats on the hair. I washed it before putting it back on, but this stuff seems to be an oily nightmare. Thankfully i got it all off the base, so shouldnt effect the bond.

Messages In This Thread
Lining up Partial Piece - Bollo - 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: Lining up Partial Piece - Hersute - 05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Lining up Partial Piece - furball - 05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Lining up Partial Piece - antywanty - 05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Lining up Partial Piece - Bollo - 05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Lining up Partial Piece - Bollo - 05-17-2012, 01:26 AM