Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transitioning from ProThik
05-09-2012, 02:39 PM,
Transitioning from ProThik
I've been using ProThik for almost 5 years now. Its plus, and it's a big plus, is it makes me look like I have way more hair than I really do.

However, after all that time, the negatives are really weighing on me. I'm sick of the mess (in my bathroom, all over my pillowcases, steering wheel in car) and am still not fully secure with it. The issue with ProThik is it's dull. It looks almost natural, but not quite. Even though it looks like I have way thicker hair than I do, I'm always worried about what people think when they see it.

Anyway, my plan for a while has been to wait until I switch jobs. I decided that a few years ago. And here I am, 4 years later, at the same job.

There's a chance I may be seeking another job in the next year, but there's also a chance I'll be at this job for a bit longer. And I'm reaching the point where I'm not sure if I want to wait anymore.

My job allows me to wear a hat. Others do, for fashion or whatever reason, and no one cares. So some days when I don't want the maintenance I do that. But I'm always worried about having to uncover when I've been sweaty, it's rubbed off, and generally looks awful.

Anyway, my challenge is transitioning. People are used to the current look, for better or worse, and if I come in with a new shiny piece they're going to notice.

I plan on going to someone professional, for at the very least the first time. Debbie perhaps? I believe I remember her being in Maine? I'm in New England so not too far.

I had a thought of maybe "weaning off" the ProThik by wearing a little on the piece and slowly reducing that. Is that feasible? Will it ruin the piece?

Also, I see Debbie hasn't been on the forum for a long time. Can anyone PM me her email?

Messages In This Thread
Transitioning from ProThik - rashton83 - 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Transitioning from ProThik - rashton83 - 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Transitioning from ProThik - rashton83 - 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM