Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace front pieces -- really undetectable?
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM,
Re: Lace front pieces -- really undetectable?
To square the circle, I think there are 2 different questions being answered here:

(1) If you look where the lace is, can you ever see it? In my experience, if you pull my hair back and eyeball at close quarters the 2-millimetre-wide strip in front of my hairpiece, in the right light (strong light shone from the side) you can occasionally see something - maybe 10% of the time.

(2) Does the visibility of the lace ever give away the fact I am wearing a hairpiece? Answer 100% no. The reason is that even if you can see the lace as described above, it doesn't look like lace. It just looks like a tiny bit of dry skin. Even another hairpiece wearer would be unlikely to think: he is wearing a piece.

If you read back through this board, you see various posts about people spotting bad rugs, or rugs with a bad colour match or density match. But I don't recall a single occasion when someone said, I saw a guy in the street and I could see his front lace, so I knew he was wearing a hairpiece.

John Travolta is an odd case. He was wearing a stage hairpiece, not a normal streetwear piece. In the theatre and in the movies they leave a lot of lace on the front of hairpieces, perhaps because it helps to stop fraying. It doesn't normally matter, because they use thick make-up which conceals the lace. It is not clear why Travolta allowed himself to get caught offstage in a stage hairpiece, but I expect it was an accident, like when Brendan Fraser was snapped with his hairpiece off. In any event, it is not relevant to your situation if you wear a Toplace piece.

Ted

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lace front pieces -- really undetectable? - ahmed_hussain - 08-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Re: Lace front pieces -- really undetectable? - Baldrich - 08-18-2009, 01:36 PM