Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting ready to jump in and go for small partials
05-13-2012, 04:27 AM,
RE: Getting ready to jump in and go for small partials
Hey guys thanks for the replies,

here's an update of where i am right now: Being a complete newbie, I wanted to find something I can use to get the hang of the whole hair wearing process before I put money down for a quality system. So, I found an online dealer that happens to be an hour away from where I live. I ordered a really cheap (by hairpiece standards) molofilament lace stock unit from him. Here's what i noticed:

-Monofilament is terrible. I can get away with it because Im cutting such small pieces to fill my temples, plus I wear my hair longer. But theres no way Id be able to expose my hairline with it. It's also pretty uncomfortable, when I raise my eyebrows or crinkle my forehead I can feel the backs of the pieces I cut digging into my skin.

-I find the hair to be really unmanageable and hard to style. Plus theres all these individual hairs shooting in random directions. Is this a result of the monofilament being really stiff and not allowing the hair to move around much? Or does cutting into the lace screw around with the flow of the hair?

I was also wondering if I can use regular conditioner to prevent tangling and knots? Thanks for any replies, guys! I'm still pretty overwhelmed by all of this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting ready to jump in and go for small partials - Watermelon - 05-13-2012, 04:27 AM