Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a newbie!
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM,
Hello from a newbie!
I just wanted to take a minute and say how happy I am to have found these forums, and all the great information it contains. I am just transitioning into the DIY phase since I’ve decided to part ways with Apollo and their sneaky sales tactics and high prices. My hair started thinning when I was around twenty and got progressively worse each year. I still had very strong hair on the sides and back, but the top was just about gone.

Last year I decided to take the plunge and I went with the Apollo Hair system place in a neighboring city. It was quite expensive to get a system from them, but I thought that was the only option at that time. After getting my system my self confidence went way up. I was more outgoing at work and home and actually enjoyed going out to new places with friends. If any guys out there are on the fence I recommend just taking the plunge and the odds are that you will love it.

The one thing I wanted to address, and the thing that seems to be a common theme among newbies, is how to appear at work or among family/friends for the first time after getting a system. I faced the problem head on and was very open about the whole thing. If somebody asked if I had done something to my hair, I said “yes, I went to Apollo”. I didn’t try to hide the fact I was wearing, and by being so open about it I think it actually took some of these “Debbie Downers” by surprise. I think something only becomes a big deal when you allow it to happen and I didn’t. Most people didn’t even notice, but the only people that asked were guys that were either bald or thinning (go figure).

Anyway, I look forward to becoming friends with the members here and hopefully becoming a nice addition to the Toplace forum family.

Take care,
Sidney M.

Messages In This Thread
Hello from a newbie! - Sidney_Matthew - 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Hello from a newbie! - Black_nail - 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
RE: Hello from a newbie! - standbyme - 04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Hello from a newbie! - s10jam - 04-30-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Hello from a newbie! - JRob - 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM