Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict of opinion
04-25-2012, 06:53 AM,
RE: Conflict of opinion
Quote:I'm asking are they perfect? Can I wear one and NO ONE will ever know? Not a you will probably fool most but some will know, I mean whats the realistic ratio of these things?

This is a very common question.

If you absolutely require 100% perfection, wearing a hairpiece probably isn't for you. If you are willing to accept the fact that there is always a slight chance that someone, at some time might know or suspect that you are wearing a hairpiece or that you are "doing something" with your hair then you might be able to make it work.

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever been able to tell that I was wearing fake hair unless I shared it with them. But I know that it is always a possibility. Most hairwearers have good hair days and bad hair days. A new unit will tend to look a little poofy for the first week or two. Once it settles in it will look the best it is going to look for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, and then it will generally start to deteriorate over the course of the coming weeks or months.

If your specs are right and you stay on top of your maintenance routine and don't try to squeeze every last bit of wear out of an old unit the chances of people knowing are pretty slim. And even though most of us have a day here and there where the hair isn't cooperating, other people are usually so wrapped up in their own issues to even notice. Fellow hairwearers are often able to spot a hairpiece on a bad hair day because they are tuned in to that sort of thing, but most people don't pay a whole lot of attention to other people's hair.

Hope it works out for you!

Messages In This Thread
Conflict of opinion - HairMysterio - 04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Hersute - 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - leondon90 - 04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Porcupine - 04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - JRob - 04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Bangless - 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM