Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bad Wig
03-31-2012, 04:50 AM,
The Bad Wig
Ive been lurking here for a few months and am finally coming out to play! Here's the story. Guy at work had a completely shaven head, shaved close to make all his scalp shiny. I never thought as him as a hairloss sufferer or never concluded he had lost his hair. He starts growing his hair out for a little while, first nothing then covering with a hat. After a 1 month vacation he comes back with a full head of hair.

He claims he got a hair transplant but he is wearing the dreaded "Bad wig." I am mesmerized by this and every time I see him I cant help but to stare at his head. It just looks awful, he became a laughing stock at work and people are relentlessly poking fun at him.

I've looked over and over again and for the life of me I cant specifically point out whats wrong with this wig. But the second I do see it I just know that something is not right. I would almost go out and say that he is using a quality wig but it just not applied right.

I don't notice and color shift, although all the hair and the wig are died. I even secretly took a photo to closely scrutinize this piece and this had a very interesting effect. From my reading here I was under the assumption that hair pieces look worse in photo's. When I took this picture it actually looked perfect in the photo as opposed to real life.

Basically this is driving me crazy and it scares me. If I want to come into the hair wearing game I dont want to have a similar result or make the same mistake as this guy. What can I do to try and determine what the problem is here? Give me some pointers or things I can look for. It's almost as everything passes the test but it just doesnt pass the smell test. It's scary because I know theres a problem but I dont know what it is. How will I possibly avoid this myself????

Messages In This Thread
The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - PipperStef - 03-31-2012, 05:26 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: The Bad Wig - winstonage - 04-01-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - JRob - 04-01-2012, 07:47 AM