Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going the DIY route and have a tape question
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM,
Going the DIY route and have a tape question
Hey guys..

I have been lurking here for quite a while and post the odd time. I've been a wearer for well over 10 years. I'm going the DIY route for maintenance and currently I use a ghost bond like glue on the front hairline (lace) and will be using tape along the sides and back. The system I currently have has poly back and sides.

My question is about the tape. I tried a blue tape that I had from my days at the "club" but I found it got really gummy when I took the system off after it had lost some of its hold and it was hell cleaning my head, and it got into my hair etc. It was like the tape broke down instead of losing it's grip. I recently got some red tape from my guy that I get the system from and I find that lasts about 5 days before it looses its stickiness (feels like if you touch scotch tape 20 times). The good part is there is no mess as it just loses its hold from my head.

I'll need to buy some tape and wondering if blue or red are my only options. Also the independent place I go doesn't seem to be up with the trends so I'm looking for supplies elsewhere. I'm hoping to find a tape that can last longer than 5 days but want the characteristics of the red if that makes sense.

thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Going the DIY route and have a tape question - LP Dude - 03-28-2012, 07:50 AM