Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions about attachment
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM,
RE: A few questions about attachment
Hi Total..yes, never, ever, put glue onto lace---always only onto the skin, in layers as outlined. It`s VITAL to allow each [thin] coat to go almost dry ...the quickest way to get the coats to `cure`, is to sit in a cool room and refrain from any physical activity..any sweating or raised body-temperature, will interfere with the process, and sweat rising up under the glue, will cause a shorter-term bond. Some guys speed it up a little by blowing the glue with a hairdryer.
In the video , he`s chosen to use what are called `` Contours`` at the front.....they are simply boomerang-shaped strips of tape, which come in various `angles`...some wearers actually make their template at the front, to the shape of their chosen-contour, for an exact match...they are the guys who prefer an all-tape bond......it`s really a matter of personal choice in what you`d like to use..... you have to do a bit of trial and error in this game at the start, especially in finding bonding products which suit your body individually... not everyone will get the same results with a particular glue and/or tape..... I find those contours a bit fiddly/tiresome to work-with, so I`d usually use some glue there....simply apply it inside the marked-line, wait for it to cure, and just press the lace down when ready...it`s a longer process, but personally, I find it easier...having said that, I`m quite lazy with my bonds...sometimes I just stick a small strip of tape there on either side of the very centre-point... it`s fiine for the day and fast to remove at night[ I remove mine nightly--again, a personal choice] If I was bonding on a topper using tape and glue, I`d tape the sides and back as in the video, but just at the temples, I`d apply 2 shorter[ maybe 1/4 -inch strips] and peel back a `start-point` of the backing paper. I`d position the thing on the head, and once happy it`s not too far forward/back, I`d peel the paper off one of hte temple strips, and press hte system in against the skin.....go to the other side and apply the other one...now you have it `anchored ` --it won`tslip/slide on your head. Simply work your way around the rest f the perimeter, peeling off the backing papers and pressing the system `home`...then, mark/trace a line around the front-edge [hairline] with an eyebrow pencil.....fold that `loose` area of system, back onto the hair/head behind it... hold it there by using something like a large elastic band under the chin and up onto the folded-back lace.......you can then work away applying your glue without the thing flopping forward onto the wet glue--you just need to keep it out of your way while you work......when your glue coats are cured clear, and there`s no `wet shine`at all......just tip one finger-tip onto it to see if it`s almost dry.....then remove your elastic band, and fold your lace down onto the glued area..press firmly home..... you`ll then just go around your perimeter like in Jeff`s vidoe.....hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few questions about attachment - Paul In Ireland - 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM