Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions about attachment
03-18-2012, 07:53 AM,
RE: A few questions about attachment
Howdy.... I will assume your system is all- lace ? Have a look at these vids.--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKEMBp9xCI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QDX6k_z...re=related
In answer to your question 1 above: It`s a matter of personal choice / lifestyle needs. Lace provides breathability...coating your scalp with glue is, in essence, defeating that `advantage`--you are in reality, sealing/blocking your pores...... mostly, guys who wear skin-systems, do that type of all-over bond. With lace, you can just do a perimeter bond ----usually guys use glue at the front perimeter because of the curvature of the system...the sides are usually a lot more straight-edged, so strips of tape can be used. I guess tape is faster to work-with [though can be a bit `fiddly`until you get the hang of working with them] You could always place a strip of tape front-to-back on the scalp which will give added hold for the middle part [ I`ve never bothered with it, but some do] ---that answers question 2.
3: Again, you`ll decide what works best for you .... I`d suggest glue at the front and tapes for the sides/back initially...... I find `Walker no-shine`tape pretty good, gives a good hold and clean-up /detachment is easy and non-messy. Just tape your system up, position it on your head, and once happy, mark the skin with an eye brow pencil..just a few light broken lines....apply your glue,evenly and thinly just behind the line for about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch......apply the 2nd coat only when the first is almost cured.....never ever press your lace down into wet glue--you`ll end up with a total disaster of a clean-up as the glue will go through the lace onto the hair and solidify...... it takes 24 hours for glue to fully cure, so don`t fret that it won`t grip the lace--trust me, it will ..... it can take at least 15 minutes for each coat to cure sufficiently ....take your time and don`t rush it. Keep to a regular de/rebond schedule......even if the bond still feels strong, some tapes and glues can deteriorate overnight and go into a gooey/messy state, making the clean-up a real pain in the butt..... many guys go for 3 or 4 weeks bonds.... I`d recommend 7 to 10 days max.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few questions about attachment - Paul In Ireland - 03-18-2012, 07:53 AM