Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PICS - Style for thinning sides
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM,
RE: PICS - Style for thinning sides
(12-18-2011, 10:33 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: sweet, u are talking about something I been mentioning for awhile.. You basically turned your thinning sides into a style that looks like a fade.. That is how I do it too or at least try to do. have it short at the bottom and than get longer as you go up.

I like how you pulled this off.. I been experimenting.. I sometimes use a 5 or six on my own hair than i go down to a 1 at the very bottom.. sometimes it comes out nice. .sometimes ehh.. Maybe ill try your method next.. How do you get an even blend going from a 7 to a 3,, i know u pull away but i think if i did that id get uneven areas or go up to high or too low each time i go across. how do u maintain such a constant angle and how far u go up all the way around your head?

Its hit or miss really Xeon. This cut was one of my better ones. But as you know, if you go a bit to high on one inch of it, you have to try to blend that screw up into the rest of the unit which keeps making it shorter and shorter and it can become a snowball effect REAL fast.

But i dont go through guards from a #2 up to #7. I usually just cut it all with a #7 to make it the longest. Then i take a #2 and use it to start at the bottom and s-l-o-w-l-y go up and out. Its really about getting a feel for it. It works best after a shower. If you hair is dirty and oily, it will clump together and screw the fade up. Make sure its clean as a whistle when you start. To me, using a #2 guard and pulling away from the hair makes it easier for me to see how long im cutting the hair at. Sometime i use a #1 and use it the whole time and just slowly fade up with it and never change guard. If you try to use a #4 or #5 guard in the middle its hard to tell where it starts to cut your hair and hard to tell where to pull away because the guard hides the hair and tricks you.

And actually i think at the very top of my natural hair it might be a bit longer than a #7. My trick is start at the bottom with a 7 come up then pull it out a little bit then angle it back in slightly and up. that way it keeps longer hair at the top of your natural hair to blend into the longer hair on the system and gives a better fade look. I know it sounds complicated, but it really is easy when you see me do it...i might do a video one day.
And also in my defense about the texture not matching - this is a pic with no product in it. I usually use spray gel and hairspray which makes it look perfect. no way to tell the textures apart after product is added.

Messages In This Thread
PICS - Style for thinning sides - mcat45 - 12-18-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: PICS - Style for thinning sides - mcat45 - 12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
RE: PICS - Style for thinning sides - JRob - 12-20-2011, 09:21 AM
RE: PICS - Style for thinning sides - JRob - 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM