Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
12-15-2011, 07:52 AM,
RE: First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
Guys it`s just a system..same as we all get/wear... there`s no particular reason why you shouldn`t give it a wash if you like...she`s probably just trying to `save you the bother`.. I always give mine at least one [light] wash before a cut-in. Simply mix 2 or 3 teaspoons of shampoo into a sink of lukewarm water and sit the system in it, base side up... leave it for 3 or 4 mins..then gently dunk it in and out a few times..then empty the sink and rinse under running [lukewarm water] through the base ...gently squeeze off the excess water and then sit it on a towel and blot it dry..don`t rub/knead the hair either in the sink or in the towel. Sit it on a head-form and wait until it`s nearly dry before gently brushing it while it`s sitting on the head-form,or some round item --you can even sit it onto your head -- as this will keep the lace `flat`[non creased -up anywhere] Use a brush with rounded tips ..the black one in the top pics here is what I use http://www.denmanbrush.com/acatalog/Freeflow_Vent.html
No need to condition the hair --it`s brand new and in top condition....you`ll see loose /stray hairs in the water in the sink too--that `s normal...also, quite a few hairs can be coming through the underside of the base when it`s dry -- I always just snip them off with a scissors but leave your stylist do it if you prefer....systems can take up to a fortnight to `settle`in ..the wave can be `strong`and the hair `lively`...giving it a wash before a cut-in can help to relax it a bit..actually makes for a more accurate cut-in in my opinion.... most stylists will leave a little `extra`length on it and you`ll go back in a week or so for any `tweaking` as the hair settles-in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please! - Paul In Ireland - 12-15-2011, 07:52 AM