Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing dye
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM,
RE: Removing dye
(12-13-2011, 12:18 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I`ve always used creme peroxide which is the catalyst which is mixed with the actual colouring paste... then applied it to system hair..never damaged it. I don`t quite `follow` how you have ended up with two different colours of hair on your system ? [blonde and brown] You initially said you`d simply gone too `deep` with a colour and needed to lighten it again...... from your last post there I see you want all the hair to be a brown colour..... the blonde hair should take on /be easily changed to brown.... I`ve always found `koleston perfect` and creme peroxide mixed, give me best results....very very easy to use. http://wella.com/en-EN/koleston.aspx
You can normally order these off Amazon. I find it hard to get a true idea from these colour-chart things of what shade would be best to order [ or I should say used to when I was blending my remaining hair and a topper--I`m Fullcap now so it doesn`t arise]
Just had a look on Amazon..this is probably better again..... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1...x=koleston+
I`d simply order the one you think is what you want/need PLUS their `developer`[Creme peroxide] which is down the page there and `treat`the blonde hair first and see how it goes.....only leave it on/in for a few minutes at a time, rinse out and have a `look`....see how it`s looking compared to the brown part.... if the brown part as it is now is the bit which went too `deep`initially, just treat that first with some creme peroxide to lighten it, then dye the blonde hair to match it.... hope that helps.

Sorry Paul, my explanation was not clear at all. I got halfway through dying the blonde system brown, and then stopped because a) I was scared of coloring too close to the base and possibly staining it because I didn't feel as comfortable with that as I was hoping, once I actually attempted to do it and b) I noticed the parts I did dye looked way too dark. That is how I now have a 2-colored piece.

So the peroxide creme BY ITSELF can be used (in small stages to test the resulting shade like you said) to lighten the ultra-dark brown dye that I over-applied, to the proper level... OK, I agree that should be my first step, and then continue dying the remaining blonde sections once (if?) that works. The peroxide sounds good but in the worse case scenario, say I spill some or whatever and cause the color to actually become too light and it needs to go back to being slightly darker again... will it be able to be dyed darker or will it be permanently affected from the peroxide?

Do you think the peroxide creams are available in stores? Maybe acne cream would suffice? Wait, there're all sorts of hair coloring products in stores, it must be there. I'm just used to using Just For Men, but it sounds like your recommended products allows much more fine-tuning of the color, whereas Just For Men basically allows none.

Messages In This Thread
Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
RE: Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
RE: Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: Removing dye - Hersute - 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM