Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing dye
12-13-2011, 11:19 AM,
RE: Removing dye
(12-13-2011, 10:40 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: You can normally lighten colour by applying creme peroxide...that`s the `catalyst` which is mixed with the colour-paste ---- obviously I`m unaware of how / what product/s you used to darken the hair, but I use a tube of colour `paste` and mix it with creme peroxide...the less peroxide used-the deeper the colour, and the more peroxide mixed-in, the lighter the colour will be [ the duration it`s left on the hair will also affect how `deep`it goes] I have never had this issue simply because I never allowed the `mix`on the hair for longer than a few minutes.... I asked the salon person [who I was dealing with at the time] what I should do if I went too deep with the colour and she said to just apply the peroxide to the hair to lighten the colour again.... I`m unable to give you a `time`on it...just try it for 3 minutes first and see how it goes [ try a very small/unnoticeable section of hair first until you see how it looks] Creme peroxide is a white, slightly ` gooey` liquid/substance. Here`s one example of what I`m referring-to: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WELLA-WELLOXON-PE...0615751025
and here is an item I found too --I`d advise AGAINST mixing bleach with the creme peroxide.... just try the peroxide on it`s own and keep a close eye on it... I cannot give you any definite timings.....just proceed cautiously! http://www.ehow.com/how_5061121_remove-h...loper.html

Thanks Paul! The dye I used was Just for Men. The dye remover is called Color Oops. It does NOT contain peroxide, and is therefore considered to be less damaging to hair. But this could be the missing ingredient. This product does have amazing reviews, but those are from women using it on real hair. Do you feel peroxide is in fact safe for hair pieces? I wonder if I'm getting a bit too far in over my head here... is it time to take it to a salon? I'm reading now if you dye hair or bleach it, subsequent dyes can turn out quite different than expected. Half the piece is blonde now, the other half brown. How the hell am I going to get it all to be an even shade of brown?

Messages In This Thread
Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
RE: Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
RE: Removing dye - stealth - 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: Removing dye - Hersute - 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: Removing dye - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM