Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
frontal touchups on thin skin?
11-28-2011, 10:25 PM,
frontal touchups on thin skin?
Hey ...

I've recently started wearing the newer "ultra" thin skin, and I'm having some challenges w/ frontal touchups. I've switched to white glues w/ these units as well (from Ultra Hold w/ lace).

I'm noticing more dirt accumulating at the front edge, and it sticks to the underside of the edge of the skin as well, as it's lifted a bit. I can clean my scalp around any lift here w/ alcohol as usual, but cleaning the dust/dirt off the skin is less successful, and it is visible through the skin after gluing it back down, making the edge more detectable. Can one do a mini mirror or magazine slide w/ thin skin ?... like some guys do w/ their lace pieces still attached, but just redoing the front.

I'm also having a hard time keeping the lifted edge up and off the scalp long enough for the white glues to dry clear ... the skin ends up down into the glue while it's still wet, and it stays white under the front edge there for 12 hours or so. I've taken to touching up the front w/ a clear glue, even w/ white glue as the original attachment.

Any advice or tips appreciated ...

FB

Messages In This Thread
frontal touchups on thin skin? - furball - 11-28-2011, 10:25 PM