Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thin skin with lace front
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM,
RE: thin skin with lace front
Hmmm.....longevity...well even with a full-size topper with the 2 materials combined, the lace would probably `fail`before the skin so it will render it useless anyway as [obviously] if the lace frays etc. you can`t just wear the skin part.... I`d go with one or the other if it were my choice......a skin partial will be more robust than lace..... I can`t actually recall anyone using one..most have just gone for lace, but John could give you more statistics if you contact him.
I totally agree with your observations on the 2 partials cut/trimmed from a stock.....the hair would be thicker on the second one as the first partials would have been `graduated`in terms of density...you could always thin it a bit using `Nair` or `Veet` dabbed onto the knots randomly, thus putting in your own `graduation `..the contour should be pretty much ok on such a narrow strip though.... you`d be cutting across from side to side with a blade.... I`d like to hear other guys`s views on it especially from some who`ve done it....there are a few posts down along form guys who`ve done it...one fairly recent one too..... certainly a stock witll be able to provide you with at the very least 1 `good`partial, provided the colour is compatible with your own hair...you may get at least one if not 2 more albeit with a bit of thinning -out to do....but you`ll have it within a week for about 200$ --is it worth taking a punt on it ? You can make a template..then pin your system to it and trim across with a blade [a stanley or a hobby-knife [whilst keeping the hairs parted in a `line`] Would be great if that worked for you --be a lot faster than waiting weeks for a custom....let me know what you decide....regards for a while .... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
thin skin with lace front - stealth - 11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
RE: thin skin with lace front - stealth - 11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
RE: thin skin with lace front - stealth - 11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
RE: thin skin with lace front - Paul In Ireland - 11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
RE: thin skin with lace front - stealth - 11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
RE: thin skin with lace front - stealth - 11-28-2011, 08:14 PM