Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scalp cleanup
11-23-2011, 10:24 PM,
RE: Scalp cleanup
The de-bonding product [lace -release] and glue melters [alcohols or citrus-based ones] are the same irrespective of whether you use tapes/glues. Mirror-slide [ or using bubble-wrap] is mainly for any glue residues remaining on your lace once it`s off you head....some tapes, can break down leaving some sticky residue on the lace , but the tape itself will normally be stuck to the scalp and not the system, because you have initially broken that bond first -- i.e. you broke the bond between lace and tape, allowing removal of the system. You have not [at that stage] `worked`at/on the bond between skin and tape, so this is where you use your `heavy artillery` in the form of glue melters and /or citrus -based products.......the tape will peel off the scalp with a little work.
In summary, lace -release simply breaks your lace free of whatever bonding -product it`s stuck to underneath it, allowing you to lift it off.....most [usually] of the residues will be on the scalp irrespective of whether it`s glue or tape. This is pretty straight-forward....you`ll be coming back next week or whenever, telling me how simple it was.....the main trick in my view, is to not leave a strong bond on for very long times, because some products can be very `stable` one day [towards the end of a particular bond] and literally degenerate overnight into a gooey consistency and give you a really problematic and tedious clean-up.......keep this game as simple as possible, so even if a bond is still `going strong` after, say, 2 weeks, you`re better off to remove it to avoid a problematic clean-up. It`s easy to be tempted to leave `well alone`, but a `regular`cycle of de/re-bond will work best for you.

Messages In This Thread
Scalp cleanup - systemuser - 11-23-2011, 12:37 PM
RE: Scalp cleanup - Paul In Ireland - 11-23-2011, 07:41 PM
RE: Scalp cleanup - elvis - 11-23-2011, 09:58 PM
RE: Scalp cleanup - Paul In Ireland - 11-23-2011, 10:24 PM
RE: Scalp cleanup - elvis - 11-24-2011, 02:22 AM
RE: Scalp cleanup - Hersute - 11-24-2011, 03:35 AM
RE: Scalp cleanup - Paul In Ireland - 11-24-2011, 03:44 AM
RE: Scalp cleanup - systemuser - 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM