Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM,
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
Well 24hours...you obviously struck a chord with the guys here --I`ve never seen so many long/detailed and supportive replies to a new thread, all posted in such a short time !! So, firstly, well-done to yourself for plucking up the courage to wear your heart on your sleeve and tell us so candidly about how you feel about the whole thing, and also I really admire all the wearers/soon-to-be wearers who replied in such detail.....just shows the amount of goodwill there is among wearers towards each other. So welcome to the forum..you`re in the right place.
There`s not much more which I can add, as the guys have covered it. I`m in the `Posting-freak`category on here [lol] simply because , as a `victim` of hair-clubs and Salon suppliers/maintenance regimes, I`ve spent a small fortune on systems.....if ONLY I`d found Toplace earlier --oh well, I`m here now and saving money big-time....... I just HATE to see/read of people being ripped-off, simply because they are in your situation of feeling totally self-conscious and depressed because of hair loss.....the world is full of rip-off merchants, so PLEASE do NOT allow yourself to be ripped off. I can understand that Salons have overheads which an on-line vendor does not have [utility bills, styling / bonding products and staff wages etc.] but many of them just take total advantage. Without getting too technical, I was reading that hair loss is caused by high levels of testosterone which `strangles`the blood-supply to the hair roots etc. so the old saying that bald men are better lovers has quite a bit of truth to it [ !] but the actual psychological effect of hair loss on most individuals, almost emasculates them [us] as we feel unattractive and self-conscious and that leads to loss of libido and self-esteem. Every emotion you have outlined above, we have all experienced ..so we feel your pain bro !! You asked one question which I`d like to clarify for you: the `fit`of a stock versus custom---most people`s heads are different in terms of size/shape/contour. Stock systems can and do fit some people like a glove, but for many, the best way to get a fit which is unique to your individual head-shape, is to make a template [it`s SO easy to do] and get a system made from that. Stocks can `bunch-up` here and there at certain points around the perimeter when sitting onto the head simply because the contour/shape of the head is `different`. Yes there can be issues at first when wearing no matter where a system was obtained, but nothing too major if a bit of research has been done by the prospective wearer first. Finally, just to wish you the very very best with it all.....yourself and elvis should hook up at some stage even if it`s by e -mail to `compare notes`.....by the way elvis---- I`ll be waiting for the pics when you get the system cut-in ...I know how anxious you`re prob. feeling now just before it arrives.....hope it`s everything you want/need......cheers guys and feel free to ask/post any time 24--we`ll do our best to give you tips/advice. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out) - Paul In Ireland - 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
addendum - furball - 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM