Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM,
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
(11-17-2011, 04:40 PM)24hours Wrote: My biggest fear is people knowing its a piece or somehow finding out...

Well, that's where it gets a little dicey. If your hair loss is already noticeable, then naturally people are going to notice when you show up with a full head of hair. You can ameliorate that a little by ordering light density the first go round and then work your way up to a fuller head of hair over the next 2 or 3 pieces. That's the one tip of the hat (the hat I no longer wear) that I'll give to the club I started with -- they started with a light density piece and slowly increased the density over the next 3 units. As a result, nobody saw a dramatic change and I wasn't busted. But, if you've done a good job with concealers and others around you aren't really cognizant of your hair loss, then you don't need to bother. But, look, you're going to notice a difference, and so will everyone else. It's a small price to pay. So don't let that stop you.

You also asked in your last post whether the supplier would cut down a stock unit to fit your balding area. The general answer is "No." But, again, don't overcomplicate this thing. All you have to do is take a pair of scissors and cut the thing down. And you don't have to be exact. You're going to be close in your estimations of the needed size (I promise you will -- it's not difficult), and if you're a half inch off, it's not going to matter unless you wear your hair very short. But since you're going to start out with a salon, you don't need to worry about stocks. Just make a template the first time you take the thing off and send it in to John here at Toplace and get a custom. You might even ask the salon folks to make 2 templates for you. One for their use, and one for yours.

As for alternating 2 pieces from different sources, hey, look, nobody's hair looks the same 2 days in a row, anyway. Good hair days and bad ones, right? And even if you ordered from the same supplier, I can assure you that no 2 hairpieces will ever be exactly alike. Again, don't over-complicate this. Perfection is unattainable and, more importantly, not necessary for you to reach your intended goals. People think a lot less about your hair than you do. As a result, subtle differences that you might notice will NOT be noticed by others. I have never come close to being "busted," and neither will you if you take a little time during the attachment process. I'd also recommend a comb down style to begin with. That will take a lot of pressure off you in trying to get a perfect hairline during the early going.

Best of luck.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out) - needmorehair - 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
addendum - furball - 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM